Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Australia

Hans Neimann loses quarterfinals of chess tournament after world champ Magnus Carlsen resigned

Chess genius Hans Niemann, 19, (pictured) lost in the quarterfinals of the Julius Baer Generation Cup on Thursday.  Fans had previously accused the teen of cheating in many different and imaginative ways, including using vibrating anal beads to communicate with his trainer.

American teenage chess player Hans Neimann lost in the quarterfinals on Thursday, eliminating the possibility of a dramatic rematch between the cheat-ridden prodigy and world chess champion Magnus Carlsen.

Carlsen resigned after just one move during their last game amid rumors that his opponent cheated by using a vibrating anal sex toy.

However, there will be no tense ending between Carlsen, 31, and Neimann, 19, in the Julius Baer Generation Cup after the teenager lost to Le Quang Liem on Thursday.

The world chess champion has laughed off claims that Neimann used vibrating anal beads to cheat, but shocked avid chess fans when he gave up a rematch against Niemann after just one move in the Julius Baer Generation Cup online. on September 19.

Niemann has furiously denied using vibrating anal beads for advice on how to play. The teen star said: ‘I’ve never cheated in a game on the board. If you want me to get completely naked, I will.

He unexpectedly beat the world champion in a real-life battle for the Sinquefield Cup in St. Louis a month before the online tournament on Chess24.

Chess genius Hans Niemann, 19, (pictured) lost in the quarterfinals of the Julius Baer Generation Cup on Thursday.  Fans had previously accused the teen of cheating in many different and imaginative ways, including using vibrating anal beads to communicate with his trainer.

Chess genius Hans Niemann, 19, (pictured) lost in the quarterfinals of the Julius Baer Generation Cup on Thursday. Fans had previously accused the teen of cheating in many different and imaginative ways, including using vibrating anal beads to communicate with his trainer.

Any chance of a rematch against rival Magnus Carlsen, 31 (pictured), who gave up dramatically against Neimann in a previous match, can no longer happen.

Any chance of a rematch against rival Magnus Carlsen, 31 (pictured), who gave up dramatically against Neimann in a previous match, can no longer happen.

The teen chess star sparked rumors that she was cheating by using remote-controlled vibrating anal beads to communicate with her trainer, Maxim Dlugy.

Related:  Armie Hammer's ex Elizabeth Chambers says they are in 'a really great place' despite ongoing divorce

Dlugy was banned from Chess.com in 2017 after allegedly cheating in one of the titles, and was the first to suspect Borislav Ivanov of cheating with a device in his shoes in 2013.

Former chess prodigy Dlugy was also jailed for trying to embezzle $9 million, but was later cleared of all charges.

Carlsen was interviewed by a reporter in Oslow and asked about his thoughts on the bizarre cheating claims.

The chess genius said: “Unfortunately I can’t speak on that in particular, but people can draw their own conclusions and they certainly have.”

“I have to say that I am very impressed with Niemann’s game and I think his mentor Maxim Dlugy must be doing a great job.”

With Neimann’s recent loss, Carlsen will now play Vincent Keymer in the semi-finals and, if he wins, will face Liem or Argun Erigaisi.

Carlsen shocked avid chess fans when he gave up a rematch against Niemann after just one move in the online Julius Baer Generation Cup.

Carlsen shocked avid chess fans when he gave up a rematch against Niemann after just one move in the online Julius Baer Generation Cup.

He has now refused to say whether he thinks Niemann was cheating during both of his games in an interview.

He has now refused to say whether he thinks Niemann was cheating during both of his games in an interview.

He added that he thought cheating in sport was ‘easy’ to do, but that he ‘would not recommend it’ no matter how ‘tempting’ it might be.

Carlsen also said that he would ‘probably’ talk a bit more about the whole situation when the whole tournament comes to an end.

During a preliminary round in the online tournament, Carlsen surprised the announcers when he made a single move with Black, then conceded defeat and pulled out of the match. The week before, he dropped out of an overboard tournament after losing the Niemann.

Related:  Facebook BANS LibsOfTikTok 'for good' after it campaigned against Boston Children's Hospital

Host Tania Sachdev said during Carlsen’s disappearing act that it was “unprecedented”, saying he was “making a big statement” by refusing to play Niemann.

Follow San Francisco native Niemann’s victory over Norway’s Carlsen, while the teenager was playing black, in the Sinquefield Cup on September 4.

FIDE, the world chess governing body, condemned Carlsen’s actions, saying “his actions affect the reputation of his colleagues, sporting results and may eventually harm our game.”

“We strongly believe there were better ways to handle this situation.”

Dlugy, pictured, was banned from Chess.com in 2017 after allegedly cheating on one of the Title Tuesdays.

Dlugy, pictured, was banned from Chess.com in 2017 after allegedly cheating on one of the Title Tuesdays.

When Carlsen withdrew from the St. Louis tournament without explanation, he posted a cryptic tweet that read, “I withdrew from the tournament.” I’ve always loved playing at @STLChessClub and I hope to return in the future.’

Along with the tweet, he posted a cryptic video of soccer coach José Mourinho saying: “If I talk, I’m in big trouble.”

Mourinho had been speaking at a news conference after a match in which his team is believed to have lost due to some questionable decisions by the referees.

Carlsen had played 53 classical matches without losing and had won the cup twice before in the last decade, but had never withdrawn from an ongoing event.

Chess.com has declined to invite Niemann to the Chess.com Global Championship, a $1 million event that begins with online qualifiers and culminates in an eight-player final in Toronto, after the controversy.

When Carlsen withdrew from the St. Louis tournament without explanation, he posted a cryptic tweet that read, “I withdrew from the tournament.” I have always loved playing at @STLChessClub and I hope to return in the future’

Carlsen also said that he would 'probably' talk a bit more about the whole situation when the whole tournament comes to an end.

Carlsen also said that he would ‘probably’ talk a bit more about the whole situation when the whole tournament comes to an end.

Niemann has furiously denied using vibrating anal beads for advice on how to play. The teen star said: ‘I’ve never cheated in a game on the board. If you want me to get completely naked, I will.

‘I don’t mind. Because I know I’m clean. You want me to play in a closed box with zero electronic transmission, I don’t care. I am here to win and that is my goal despite everything.

But critics point out that his Elo rating, which measures the strength of chess players, soared to 2701 after his victory over Carlsen, up from just 2484 in January 2021, a staggering rise that some consider unlikely.

And Niemann has admitted to cheating in online chess tournaments as a child, saying he is deeply sorry.

In an online match when he was 12, he says one of his friends brought an iPad loaded with a “chess engine” program that offered the most likely route to win.

The person Niemann was playing couldn’t see him, so he didn’t realize what was happening.

You may also like

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Advertisement

You May Also Like

Latest

The royal beekeeper, in an arcane tradition believed to date back centuries, has informed the hives kept on the grounds of Buckingham Palace and...

Australia

Apple is targeting September 7 for the launch of the iPhone 14, three Apple Watch models and new iPads, but the company may raise...

Latest

Paul Collingwood insists England are ‘not going to change’ their aggressive approach after a disappointing first day against South Africa and backs bowlers to...

Latest

Ministers praised The Mail on Sunday’s Save Our Parks campaign as they provide a much-needed boost of £9 million for 100 new and improved...